Welcome to my homepage!
I'm currently working as a cloud security researcher & advocate at Datadog. You will find below some pointers to posts and software I have written in the past.
Feel free to drop me an email at christoantispam, see http://www.grall.name/posts/1/antiSpam-emailAddressObfuscation.html for interesting stats[email protected]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ-dereeper.me or to tweet @christophetd (DMs open).
Latest posts from my blog where I write about things I like, use, dislike and misuse.
- MitM at the Edge: Abusing Cloudflare Workers
- Introducing Stratus Red Team, an Adversary Emulation Tool for the Cloud
- Implementing a Vulnerable AWS DevOps Environment as a CloudGoat Scenario
- Cloud Security Breaches and Vulnerabilities: 2021 in Review
- Phishing for AWS credentials via AWS SSO device code authentication
- Retrieving AWS security credentials from the AWS console
- Shifting Cloud Security Left — Scanning Infrastructure as Code for Security Issues
- Privilege Escalation in AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Automating the provisioning of Active Directory labs in Azure
- Bypassing Cloudflare using Internet-wide scan data
- Go framework for end to end testing threat detection rules
- Stratus Red Team
- Granular, Actionable Adversary Emulation for the Cloud
- Find origins of websites behind by CloudFlare using Internet-wide scan data from Censys
- Automate the provisioning of Active Directory labs in Azure
- Vulnerable Spring Boot application for easy reproduction of the Log4shell vulnerability
- Subdomain enumeration using the certificate transparency logs from Censys
- Mindmaps for threat hunting using memory captures and Windows event logs
- Painless automated backups to multiple storage providers with Docker and duplicacy
- Purple Teaming the Cloud with Stratus Red Team @ Cloud-Native SecurityCon 2022
- Fantastic AWS Hacks and Where to Find Them @ SANS New2Cyber 2022 (video, slides)
- Scanning Infrastructure-as-Code for security flaws (video, slides) (OWASP DevSlop)
- Can't Take My Lab off You — Automating the Provisioning of Active Directory Labs in Azure (vOPCDE #7)
- Adaz presentation (Forensic Lunch October 23rd, 2020)
- Switzerland has bunkers, we have Vault (BlackAlps 2018)
- How hackers exploit weak SSH credentials to build DDoS botnets (Blackalps 2017, Grehack 2017)
Technical and non-technical books I particularly enjoyed reading and learning from.
- Hacking, the Art of Exploitation
- Practical Malware Analysis: The Hands-On Guide to Dissecting Malicious Software
- Violent Python
- The Phoenix Project
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement
- Team Topologies
- Building Microservices: Designing Fine-Grained Systems
DevOps / Engineeering:
Quotes I find inspiring. Taken from a book, a movie, a reddit post, a blog post, or an overheard conversation.
- « Not every problem is a nail, and not every solution a hammer »
- « Under-promise, over-deliver »